One of a pair of historic Victorian terraces, 'Adeline' c.1885, stands as a valuable part of our city's heritage, owned by members of the same Newcastle family since built. A Brian Suters' designed award-winning renovation in 1991 saw the home extensively restored and modernised while a further 2011 makeover created the Tuscan style courtyard and walled garden at the rear.
Showcasing charming hallmarks of its era, the traditional layout features adjoining lounge and dining rooms and a modern galley kitchen that's brightened by large windows and a seamless connection to the courtyard. Two bedrooms achieve sanctuary status upstairs, master opens to lacework verandah and both are served by a sky-lit bathroom with shower over bath.
All of Newcastle's fabulous lifestyle attractions are located a stone's throw from here. Swing your towel over your shoulder and head to either Newcastle or Nobbys beach, stroll to the harbour and Honeysuckle for drinks and dining or soon you'll be able to jump on the light rail through the city to the west end and transport interchange. A perfect property to upsize or downsize into, 'Adeline' has also been lucrative as short-term accommodation since 2002.
- High ceilings, picture rails, turned wooden stair rails, polished floorboards and wide skirtings add charm and character
- Adjoining lounge and dining rooms feature decorative fireplaces and mantels
- Gas heating and ceiling fans provide climate control
- Modern galley kitchen with gas stove and a generous pantry cupboard
- Internal laundry with handy second w/c
- Courtyard with rear lane access NE aspect, gas outlet for BBQ & after-swim shower
- Plenty of on-street parking for residents and their guests
- Surrounded by the beauty of Newcastle East's iconic historic buildings including Customs House, Nobbys Lighthouse and Fort Scratchley
- Building and pest reports available on request
Property Type - Terrace