Looking to rent

Should I use Domain or Real Estate.com when selling? Realestate.com.au currently holds the dominant market share in Australia. However, you shouldn’t necessarily pu...
Read more

What should I do if my request for maintenance has not received the attention I believe it deserves?

If you feel your attempts to address maintenance issues have been overlooked by your First National agent, and you believe your enjoyment or safety at your rental home is affected, you should take appropriate action by:
  • Contacting the principal of your First National office to discuss
  • If disastisfied with his/her response, contact First National Real Estate's national administration, or
  • Make an application through your state’s governing body to have the matter heard before an adjudicator or magistrate (whichever applies)
  • Each state has a department of fair trading, consumer affairs office, or similar department which has a customer call centre that you contact in order to discuss your problem, free of charge

NSW Department of Fair Trading Ph: 13 32 20
Consumer Affairs Victoria, Residential Tenancies Info Ph: 1300 558 181
Queensland Residential Tenancies Authority Ph: 1300 366 311
SA Office of Consumer and Business Affairs, Residential Tenancies Advice Ph: (08) 8204 9555
WA Department of Consumer & Employment Protection Ph: 1300 30 40 54
TAS Office of Consumer Affairs & Fair Trading Ph: 1300 65 44 99
NT Consumer and Business Affairs Ph: 1800 019 319
ACT Department of Fair Trading Ph: (02) 6207 0400


Back to questions