Looking to rent

What are the most cost effective renovations? Performing a few renovations here and there can even help you to add some value to your home or investment property -...
Read more

How can I terminate my tenancy agreement?

In order to end your tenancy, you must give notice to the landlord or managing agent in writing, in accordance with the tenancy agreement.
  • Even if your fixed term contract is about to expire, you still need to give written notice of your intention to vacate the rental property and give adequate notice of days as stated in your tenancy agreement, otherwise the tenancy will continue on a month by month basis until either party gives notice to end the tenancy
  • If you wish to break your tenancy agreement by leaving the property earlier, costs associated in doing so would apply
  • Refer to your tenancy agreement or contact your landlord or managing agent to find out what your minimum period of notice would be and the potential costs, should you wish to break your tenancy agreement
Back to questions