What is a residential tenancy agreement? A residential tenancy agreement is a legal agreement between a tenant and landlord to lease a property for a period o...
Read more

Does my property’s age affect my depreciation claim?

All properties regardless of their age will attract depreciation deductions. A common myth is that older properties will attract no claim. Visit the BMT website for more information on claiming depreciation for older properties.

All residential properties built before 15th September 1987 are not eligible to claim for capital works deductions (building write off allowance). Investors may still be able to claim depreciation for plant and equipment assets and any renovations that have been completed, even if they were completed by a previous owner. Contact a depreciation expert today to find out more.
Back to questions