Like many modern success stories, the First National Real Estate network traces its roots to humble beginnings.
Early in 1981, a small group of independent Victorian rural real estate agents met to discuss the possibility of forming an association to maximise the effectiveness of their business in the face of increased competition from large, franchised organisations. As a result of this initial meeting, a steering committee was formed and given the task of establishing the ideals upon which such an organisation would be based. On four key issues the committee was unanimous.
The association should:
- Develop leading edge marketing techniques and professional training to assure that customers would enjoy the best of outcomes
- Have the potential to develop nationally and internationally to provide its members with a powerful referral network
- Allow member offices to retain their independence, so they could continue to provide clients with local expertise, while tailoring their business specifically
- Seek the membership of only the very best agents in any particular town, suburb or country
With these broad goals in mind, the ‘First National Group of Independent Real Estate Agents Limited’ was incorporated as a not-for-profit public company limited by guarantee on 3rd December 1981, and the first Board of Directors elected on 16th February 1982.
A programme of national growth was launched immediately. To ensure consistent quality of service, however, the membership criteria was further refined and expanded, with only those agencies possessing the following qualities being considered:
- Integrity and proven expertise
- A flawless reputation
- The desire to provide exceptional service
- Progressive leadership in their area
- Commitment to the ideals of the network
- Commitment to ongoing improvement
Right around the nation, the unique First National philosophy struck a chord with agencies and customers alike, with membership and sales rising steadily.
Today, First National Real Estate is Australia's most advanced real estate network and the trademark 'Swash' is the country's most recognised symbol for real estate. We have over 300 offices throughout Australia, New Zealand, and Vanuatu.
How can we help you with your real estate journey?