One of the most important elements when choosing the right real estate agent to represent you is ‘trust’.
An agent offering you the lowest commission rate and/or the highest appraisal is not necessarily the best option. To make your selection easier, take the advice of the professionals:
Ask your colleagues, family, friends and neighbours if they are able to refer you to a proactive agent
If you are unable to receive referrals, search the internet for reviews from past clients of local agents
When you interview your potential agent, ask the following questions:
- How many properties did you sell last year and last month?
- How many buyers are you working with at the moment?
- Can you provide me with an example of your marketing campaign?
- How many salespeople do you have in your team?
- What charges will I incur if the house doesn't sell?
- If I am not happy with your performance, how do I cancel our agreement?
- Can you provide me with a list of your past 10 clients and testimonials?
- How often will I receive feedback?
- Can you provide me with 3 recent sales in the area, similar to my property, and what they sold for?
- What is the average house price in my area?
- Do you have similar properties to mine currently for sale?
First National Real Estate has over 400 offices around Australia & New Zealand. Our real estate agents would love to help you today. Click here to contact one of our agents…