START YOUR SUSTAINABLE LIVING LIFESTYLE HERE!!
- 3 Bed
- 1 Bath
- 4 Car
- 10.22 ha Land Area
If you are looking for a place to start your own sustainable living farm then this would be it!
Set on 10.22 hectares (25.25 acres), a mixture of bush and cleared grazing paddocks, this 1920s home has had a number of recent updates such as, new weatherboards on the exterior, new woodstove installed, new windows with locks and screens throughout, the veranda has been enclosed and a sitting/entry area added.
There are 2 large and 2 small grazing paddocks and an animal shelter-perfect for sheep, goats, cows, or a mixture of all if you wish! The small paddocks close to the house would also make a great space for free ranging chickens, ducks and geese! The property and paddocks are fitted out with electric fences and water troughs; the disused vegetable gardens could be easily reinstated and still plenty of room to plant an orchard; there are 5 tanks to provide a good supply of water; not to mention the array of lockable sheds and workshops-one even has a wood fireplace installed!
If a new home is what you desire, there is a cleared site on the hill (conditional upon local council planning approval), live in the original property whilst you build your new home, and perhaps when finished, rent out the original for a little extra income!
With only 40 minutes drive to Hobart, 30 minutes to New Norfolk and 20 minutes to Brighton, this property is close enough to commute to work but also far enough away to enjoy the quiet rural life, listening to the birds in the gum trees and the cows and sheep on the surrounding farms.
• Electric fences surround the property and paddocks
• 2 large and 2 small grazing paddocks
• Animal shelter
• Power to storage sheds and workshop
• Extra shelter for farm machinery
• 5 tanks
• Septic waste disposal system
• Wood stove – heats hot water as well as electric switch over
• Wood heater
• New weatherboards to the exterior of the home
• New windows throughout with screens and locks
• Veranda recently enclosed
• Recent addition of sitting room/entry
• Disused vegetable gardens and raised beds